Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Thankful.

I have a wonderful, funny, goofy kid, who, despite a constant snot faucet of a nose, is absolutely perfect and healthy. I have an amazing husband that is the greatest father and supports us in so many ways.

In the every day hustle and bustle, worrying about the to dos of today, the bills to pay, the places to be, it is easy to get hung up on the small stuff. And sometimes the big stuff of other people. I have had many children to pray for lately with devastating conditions. Genetic abnormalities that result in a short life in a hospital; inoperable and fatal cancer in an otherwise perfect four year old. These things are too horrible. Too sad. Too painful. I easily get caught up in the empathy, in the what ifs.

Instead, today, I am saying "thank you." No small stuff or big stuff can take away from the fact that I am so blessed beyond comprehension. My perfect little boy is the light of my life. I am so glad that in just about an hour, I will get to see him run up to me to give me a hug and a kiss before we go home to play, eat dinner and read stories. I will get to talk with my husband about our day and our week, and work on the small stuff. I love my life and I am so very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment