Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy First Birthday!

My sweet baby is suddenly a little boy. I don't know when the transition happened. I guess it was gradual, but it doesn't feel that way. It's like I woke up one day and suddenly the Loop is a kid rather than a baby! He does still refer to himself as "baby" though. Loop started walking (officially walking- taking multiple steps confidently in a row) on November 11th. Since then he has just picked it up like it was nothing and is now running and can negotiate dips, steps, and stepping over things in his path. He still has trouble with slopes, but we're working on it.


 Happy birthday boy!




Loop's birthday was wonderful. My family was staying with us and he got spoiled rotten, then there was the PARTY! He is one popular kid. So many people came to celebrate the big day with us. Mommy may have gone a little overboard on the decorating, but it was so much fun getting ready to celebrate one year with our boy. It was wonderful to have family and friends there to see Loop- he was so happy. For his birthday from my family, Loop got a cool big boy chair. When his friends arrived for the party, Loop shared the chair with his friends and they enjoyed climbing all over it! The cake smash wasn't very successful- Loop has a funny texture thing and hates sticky things on his fingers. I think the frosting was too sticky for him. Had I fed the cake to him by spoon, I am pretty sure he would have eaten the entire thing, but on his own he was not having it. His very favorite part of his birthday was the BALLOONS! He loved hitting them, throwing them, carrying them, laying on them and staring at them. Thankfully he didn't pop any so he was never afraid of them.

Spoiled rotten!!


Loop's birthday party was so much fun, I can't wait for many more to come. It will be really fun whn he wants to pick the theme and invite his friends. I want him to always know how much we love him, how special he is, and how important his birthday is because it is commemorating the day we met him and the start of our wonderful journey with him!




No comments:

Post a Comment