Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Times, they are a changin'

Having just passed the 12 week milestone of my pregnancy and entering my second trimester, it has hit me that our child will be here in six months!

Yesterday, we had our second ultrasound and I cannot believe how much our little baby (it is now about the size of a peach) has changed in the six weeks since our first ultrasound. At that appointment, it literally looked like nothing more than just a bean. It was a little thing with a beating heart. Now, it looks just like what it is- a baby! It has tiny little arms and legs, feet, ten fingers, and a big head. I was shocked to see how developed it was. The ultrasound showed its brain and spine and its little bones. The baby was going crazy during the ultrasound, bouncing and wiggling all over the place. At one point, it even looked like it was waving to us.

I have been such a worrier ever since I found out I was pregnant. I have been so scared that if I get too excited, start planning too early and getting things ready, or tell too many people too soon, I will jinx it and something will go wrong. Up until yesterday, I was convinced that something was wrong. I haven't had morning sickness, only afternoon sour stomach (as I refer to it), and while I do feel chubby and have the lovely acne of a teenage boy, I haven't felt that 'pregnant.' It was reassuring to see that little baby bouncing around on the screen, with all as it should be at this stage and growth even a little ahead of schedule. Seeing that I am, in fact, pregnant, and the baby is as it should be at this stage lightened a lot of my concerns. So far  all is well (knock on wood).

These are pictures I took of the ultrasound print outs, so the quality isn't great and I can't figure out how to rotate them, but you get the idea.




1 comment:

  1. So cute! It is amazing how quickly they grow! I remember going to my 14 week ultrasound with the twins and being amazed-not only did they have finger, toes, etc., but they were definitely little boys!

    I realized after I hung up that I didn't really ask how you were doing. What a blessing to not have morning sickness! A little sour stomach is much easier to deal with!

    ReplyDelete