Thursday, September 8, 2011

Last Post from the Second Trimester...

I cannot believe that this weekend I will be in my third trimester. Sometimes it feels like I have been pregnant FOREVER, but now I think back to when my third trimester just seemed sooooo far away. Now, here I am, just a few days away.

We had another baby "growth check" yesterday. Baby is still doing great! He is ahead on growth by about a week and a half now. The ultrasound tech said it's thanks to his big head and belly. When she was measuring his head, she said, "well, he does not have a dainty head." Once again, taking after dad. At least he'll have lots of room for all of the smarts that I'm sure he's also inherited from his dad. Everything else looked good and just as it should. He was awake and jumping around during our appointment, which was funny to watch on the monitor. He had his eyes open, so we got one picture of him that looks like he's staring right at us.

We also went and checked out the montessori yesterday. It was a really positive experience and I liked it. It was very clean, quiet and calm. The infant rooms seemed clean and safe for the babies to explore, and all of the babies there seemed happy and calm. Not too much screaming going on, which was good. They use a "baby buggy" that has four seats that they put the babies in for walks around the center and outside when it's nice. It was pretty cute to see these groups of babies riding around in the buggy. I could also go over for nursing or just random visits anytime, so that is a big plus. We will probably look at another place nearby just to be sure, but I think we found a winner. Now, just need to figure out what to do while I'm part-time and we'll be all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment