Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Worries of a Child Care Novice...

Tomorrow is our official tour of the montessori we plan to use when I go back to work full-time. I am nervous! I don't know if I know what to look for or look out for. This place has really good reviews online, and is right across from my office, so I know that I'll be able to stop in and check on him any time if I'm feeling worried or something, but it is such a big deal! They will be guarding the life and well-being of our child! I have heard that montessories are better than daycare, but am not really sure what the difference is. Maybe they will tell us tomorrow. Any tips out there on what to look for and ask about?

I am also trying to figure out what to do and how to plan the weeks before we start at the montessori. I am hoping to go back to work part-time for a month or two if I can (yet to be set in stone and officially approved by the boss, but fingers crossed) and the montessori is full-time only. I want to ease back into working and still be able to have a few days home rather than just having a set date by which I need to have everything figured out. I am hoping to find someone to maybe nanny part-time, or try to find a neighbor or someone that could watch him from their home, but the nanny option looks to be maybe even more expensive than the montessori will be full-time, so I have no idea what to do. Has anyone used a "nanny share" and could you explain that to me? People have mentioned it and recommended it, but I have no clue what it means or how it actually works in practice...

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could help you out there, but alas, I'm as uninformed as you in the child care department.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for Montessori. I'm so excited to hear you are choosing that route. I know lots as I was a Montessori teacher and Findley has gone to Montessori since he was 2! Maybe we can chat about it at your shower?

    ReplyDelete