Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Excuse me while I vent...

I apologize in advance for the TMI-ness of this post...

For me, many of the pregnancy stereotypes or typical symptoms have skipped me, but there is one that has not- the need to pee CONSTANTLY. Add to this the necessity of drinking enough water all day long, and you can imagine how many times I leave my desk during the day.

The problem, however, is my office. There are nine women that work here full-time and two additional women that come in part-time. We have one women's bathroom. Not one bathroom with stalls, just one bathroom. There is also one bathroom for men, of which there are five. Prior to my pregnancy, this would sometimes be annoying, but never that big of a deal. Now, however, I am becoming increasingly annoyed.

My biggest annoyance this week- a co-worker that takes her breaks in the bathroom. I don't mean that she uses her breaks to go to the restroom. She will spend over twenty minutes in there at least twice, but usually three times a day. Now, she could be feeling ill and have troubles that I should be sympathetic to. However, I honestly think she just likes the quiet in there and sits in there reading magazines. I can understand that, but there is some consideration required in an office full of women, one of which being pregnant with an impatient bladder!

Because there is no possible way to discuss this with said co-worker, I am venting on here to at least get it off my chest!

I have now gone over and introduced myself as "the pregnant girl" to the receptionist in the office next door and have permission to use their bathroom when needed. With pregnancy comes the realization that some things are just more important than being embarrassed. It is a lot less embarrassing to go into another office to use a restroom than it would be to pee my pants at the office.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is lame! I mean, if there were more than one bathroom that would be understandable, but to tie the bathroom up for your whole break doesn't sound friendly, pregnant woman or not.

    ReplyDelete