Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Nursery!

The nursery is done! Well, the painting and chair rail are done, and we have all of the furniture except for a glider/rocking chair. Jay is such a good sport. Usually I do a lot of the work with painting projects, but on this it was all him. He first had to move his clothes from the closet in the nursery to the closet in the guest room (cut his closet space by more than half), since I take up the entire closet in our room, which was a big and not very fun undertaking, I'm sure. Once that was done, we taped and he primed the entire room, as the walls were blue with really dark blue trim. I'd had the idea of a chair rail, which Jay wasn't too keen on, but he put a little faith in my idea, and painted the top half of the wall light blue and the bottom half green. We measured and cut the chair rail, he painted it, and we installed it this past weekend just in time for Jayme's visit to our house. Here are some pictures from my phone:

I am pretty proud of my idea, if I don't say so myself. I think it turned out really nice. You can't tell from the pictures, but the blue and green paint match 2 of the polka dot colors on the valance.

In a month or so, the windows will be replaced, so we don't have to worry about the baby freezing or burning from the 50 year old aluminum windows. I will post more pictures once we have it more decorated, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment