Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Time for an Update

It's been a while since I've posted anything, so here goes a random post about how things are going now. I apologize in advance for the lack of organization and focus!

I am now 21 weeks and 2 days pregnant, and, according to my handy iPhone app, 53.2% through my pregnancy, and 61.9% through my second trimester. 131 days remain until my due date. Now that it is August, December is seeming so much closer than it once did.

Thankfully, I have been feeling great. I am probably really annoying to those of you that had terrible morning sickness, but I really have nothing to complain about- I have really enjoyed my pregnancy so far. I, of course, can get worn out and have days where I am grumpy and just feel bad, and the acne was a bonus I didn't expect, but I am FINALLY getting my skin back. I feel less and less like a teenage boy every day.  However, my acne issues have been replaced by the problem of the expanding butt and hips. I have always gained weight as a "pear," and apparently, being pregnant = my weight is just migrating there. Today, my secretary says to me, in an excited tone, "Oh! You're filling out!" To me, that means, "Woah! Look at how fat you are getting!" Now, I realize this is a little bit dramatic, but this is an entirely new experience. I had an image in my head of what I thought I would look like pregnant, but my body has a mind of its own! I thought I was prepared for the weight gain and changing body, but I am learning that it's easier said than done. I'm still right in the right range of weight gain according to my doctor, and am still working out regularly (though I had to stop running after my first doctor appointment), so I am not exactly upset or concerned, but it is strange. I have not ever been someone to have major weight fluctuations, so it's an adjustment to be sure.

On a related note, I am really starting to look pregnant. That is kind of fun. I don't have people asking when I'm due, or touching me (thankfully), but Jay says that he thinks it should be obvious to strangers. I'm not so sure, but it is definitely more apparent than it was a few weeks ago. I swear, the 18 week mark was a turning point. Up until then, I doubt that anyone thought anything other than that I had a little gut, but then 18 weeks hit and suddenly there is this belly!

Baby boy is still doing well. He really enjoyed the Rockies game last night. TONS of wiggling around and moving. I was trying to describe the feeling to Jay, but could only come up with "it feels like a fish is flopping around in there!" Such a strange feeling and sometimes it is so distracting. I cannot imagine what it will be like when he is bigger and exerting more force and kicking and punching me! We saw him in 3D at my appointment last week. I won't post it because he looks half alien- half burn victim, but it was cool to see the actual facial features instead of the skeletal image that shows up on the regular ultrasound. I was caught off guard because mid-ultrasound, the tech just switched it to 3D for fun, found his face, printed a few pictures, then switched it back. To be honest, it was slightly creepy seeing him like that, and I had no time to prepare to see it!

Work has been good, also. Thankfully it hasn't been crazy busy, so there hasn't been too much stress and my hours have been reasonable. I do get many more sincere "how are you"s during the day, which was pretty much non-existent before, and every once and a while, someone will stare at my belly for a few seconds then ask when my due date is. Those moments always make me a little but uncomfortable because I can't tell if they are wondering if I look too pregnant or not pregnant enough.  I should start messing with them and giving different dates each time.

I better stop rambling. This is a long post! Thanks so much to everyone that sent me feedback on registry items- I really appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment